This post is about the blog more than the Bible. Call it an administrative interlude. However, I am learning that I need to do some of these things. First, I have (cautiously) added a new page here. It is called “Ask Your Question” (see link in left column near the top). This is where you can enter your honest Bible questions. I will give you my best answer, either on the comments there or in a separate blog entry. More details are on that page.
Secondly, I have been nominated for a couple blogging awards. As I understand them now, they are a way for bloggers to recognize their favorite blogs and spread the news. There are a few rules. I have to link to the nominator, tell seven random things about myself and then nominate 7 other blogs. Although I have multiple nominations, I am going to combine my awards into this one post.
I have been nominated for the Beautiful Bloggers Award by Just a Cowboy for Christ and by Linneann. Cowboy writes with a force and passion that are contagious. Linneann is a woman who shares the grace and truth of a tough walk as a single mom with a special needs child. Both are engaging writers. I am honored (and flabbergasted) they chose me out of all the folks they could have nominated.
I was also nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by Red Flame Fire. I must admit that her style is far different than mine, and it leaves me wondering. I perceive, though, that she is woman who has found Jesus faithful despite some very difficult circumstances.
Here are seven random things about me:
I wear two hearing aids. I have worn some kind of help for hearing since age 4.
My three kids and wife all have birthdays between 1/6 and 2/8. It is quite the sprint.
Most craveable foods – Mt. Dew, chocolate chip cookies, tuna sub, and macaroni and cheese.
In middle school, I won a computer programming contest for a text-based adventure game loosely based on Indiana Jones. The main character was Idaho Joe.
For 17 years, I met with a group of guys every Friday for accountability and basketball.
My favorite Scripture is always what I am currently studying. However, I usually claim Ephesians 6:10-20 as my favorite.
As a senior in high school, I was the Executive Officer (2nd in command) for my Navy JROTC unit at school.
I have chosen a variety of blogs to highlight as my seven nominees for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
- Art Pinney’s Family Photo blog. Art is a friend and immensely talented as a photographer. His project to capture every day photos every day for a year is just a delight.
- Jeff Davidson has just come back to write more in Elevate, a blog about his family’s journey with a special needs son. Their ministry, Rising Above, has been a help and inspiration to us.
- Live Love Nicaragua is about the Stearns family’s desire to serve as missionaries to Nicaragua. I “met” them only recently through their blog, but I am excited to hear how God works through them.
- Prolific is the word for Morgen Bailey. Her blog on writing and writers is a massive work and very accessible. She even reviewed a short story that I wrote and gave me some great advice.
- Peggi Tustan publishes an weekly entry on Real Life that is always worth the wait. She blends family history, faith, and great insight into the Scripture with smooth prose.
- Meaty theological discussion – that’s Christopher Randolph’s blog. The conversations in the comments are as good as the articles.
- Fresh and encouraging. I hope to see more from Life With Misty.
Check these out when you get a chance! One final administrative note. My article “Standing in Hope” was republished on an online magazine called WordExpress Weekly (scroll down a bit). It is a place of dialogue (positive and negative) about faith. I am honored to be included.